SPEAK UP NAIJA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of SPEAK UP NAIJA on your social bookmarking website

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Speak Up Naija Visitors

counters

What Is The Difference Between An Entrepreneur And A Business Man

Go down

What Is The Difference Between An Entrepreneur And A Business Man Empty What Is The Difference Between An Entrepreneur And A Business Man

Post by blezzin Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 pm

An entrepreneur is an innovative business leader who identifies a business opportunity, pulls resources to exploit that opportunity and who stays abreast with market trends in order to provide the best possible product or service for the market. That is my perspective anyway and not everyone would share that view. So going by that definition I don’t expect a shop owner who sells provisions to be called an entrepreneur but a blogger who blogs about water sports can rightly be called an entrepreneur because he is providing a service that serves a particular market, a solution to their problem. I choose to state things this way for the following reasons;

An entrepreneur sees problems first then finds a solution that will serve a particular group of people (niche) which is how they identify opportunities unlike the ordinary business man who wants to own a business in order to make profit (money). So by what they are motivated by we could say entrepreneurs are problem solvers although they may also make money by the side whereas business owners most likely are after the money.
Entrepreneurs usually have an active stake in the business they form.

For instance Steve Jobs, co-founder of apple wasn’t just a shareholder or investor in the business he was the business’ main manager, overseeing the day to day affairs of the business. He worked tirelessly to overcome the challenges that faced the business and also create opportunities wherever they existed.

I heard some people say Jobs wasn’t really a genius as much as the world was led to believe maybe in terms of technical prowess but certainly as a sales man and an effective market analyst Jobs is probably one of the finest marketers the world has ever known and bottom line whatever business he founded, he was an active force in it, whereas your typical business owner may only be after who gets employed and where but may not be totally committed to running the business as long as the profit keeps coming, I liken them to investors but Jobs proved to be an entrepreneur at heart.
To the entrepreneur their business legacy is their life.

When Steve Jobs was fired from apple he wasn’t depressed because he had lost his job but rather that something he had worked for tirelessly would be taken over by other people he felt knew less about it than himself. He wanted his lifelong dream to be realized even if he had to lose his job for it but certainly not when you lose both ways (the dream is taken over and dies, the dreamer loses control over his dream) that explains why jobs agreed to return to apple even after he had successfully created two other multi-million dollar companies that also made him wealthy and world famous.

I wonder how Bill gates would feel like if Microsoft went belly up but with all his billions still with him. He wouldn’t complain of losing his control of the market, rather that his lifelong dream has disappeared. For a business owner as long as the profits remain even if the business is sold or taken over all is fine. Entrepreneurs are simply insane people.

SOURCE:http://www.cfagbata.com/difference-between-an-entrepreneur-and-a-business-owner/

blezzin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum